The aim of CPS is to encourage and raise public awareness of the pastel medium, while giving our members an opportunity to exhibit, to get education, to meet fellow artists and to share ideas.
Some of the benefits of becoming a CPS Member include:
- Get exposure for your work – we exhibit in museums and galleries across Connecticut
- Interact with other artists, share ideas and techniques
- Attend or give workshops, demonstrations, critiques
- Gain professional advice, perspective and guidance
- Attend / organize plein air outings
- Receive our newsletter providing show announcements and general art news
- Receive new product information and discounts on supplies
- Attain Signature Member status and display your work on this website
- Reduced fee for show entries
Regular CPS Member
Annual Dues: $35 per calendar year (1/1 – 12/31).
Signature CPS Member
Annual Dues: $45 per calendar year (1/1 – 12/31)
Annual Dues plus website gallery page: $75 per calendar year (1/1 – 12/31)
For information on applying for Signature status, see below.
CPS Signature Member Information
A Signature Member may use the initials “CPS” after her or his name, and their name will be included in the list on our Signature Gallery page. The annual membership fee is $45. In addition the artist may have a display of up to five images of her or his paintings with an artist’s bio on the CPS website for an additional annual fee of $30.
Signature members, to have your images included on this website, please pay $75 when renewing for the year.
Signature member status can be attained in either of two ways:
1. At least thirty days after becoming a member of the Connecticut Pastel Society, but within one of the months noted below, a member may submit five digital images, a recent resume, a fee of $25.00 and an SASE to the Signature Artist Committee for consideration (see below).
2. A CPS member who wins three awards in the CT Pastel Society Renaissance in Pastel National Exhibition, which is an open, juried show, will receive Signature status. This requires a fee of $25 (see below).
Applications for Signature Membership will be viewed three times a year: April, August and November. Submissions should be received in the months prior to review: March, July and October. Please do not send them except in these months.
TO SEND YOUR Signature Member application materials in March, July or October:
(1) Prepare five (5) digital images with dimensions of at least 700 pixels on the long side and a resolution of 300 dpi, and save your images as high-quality jpg files. Submit them by email to Christine Ivers firstname.lastname@example.org – and be sure to identify them properly with your name and that they are for Signature Member consideration.
(2) Send the following items by mail (with your image CD if desired):
- A check to CPS for $25, with CPS Signature Jury Fee in the note line OR *SEE THE BUTTON BELOW TO PAY ONLINE
- A current resume or artist’s biography
- A SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope)
91 Preston Drive
Meriden, CT 06450