If you are interested in pastel painting, why not join our pastel society? Our aim is to encourage and raise public awareness of this medium, while giving our members an opportunity to exhibit, meet fellow artists and share ideas.
Below is a list of some of the benefits of becoming a CPS Member
- Get exposure for your work; we exhibit in museums and galleries across Connecti-cut
- Interact with other artists, share ideas and techniques
- Attend or give workshops, demonstrations, critiques and gain professional advice, perspective and guidance
- Attend / organize plein air outings
- Receive our newsletter providing show announcements and general art news
- Receive new product information and discounts on supplies
- Become a Signature Member and be eligible to have your work on this website
Have we convinced you? Then become a CPS member.
Dues of $25 annually will make you a member for the calendar year, i.e. January 1, to December 31. Dues for current CPS members are due by March 1, or a $10 late fee will be assessed. For new members to CPS, membership remains at $25 for the calendar year.
Members who have received Signature Status, please renew at $30 ($40 after March 1). For those who choose to have their images and bio in our signature gallery, please renew at $60 ($70 after March 1). For information on applying for Signature Status, see below.
A hearty “Thank you” to all who have paid dues for the current year.
A Signature Member may use the initials “CPS” after her or his name, and their name will be included in the list on our Signature Gallery page. The annual membership fee is $30 ($40 after March 1). In addition they may have up to five images of their paintings on the CPS website for an additional annual fee of $30.
For those Signature members who already have their images and bio in our signature gallery, please send our membership chairman $60 when renewing for the year ($70 after March 1).
Signature member status can be attained in either of two ways:
1. At least thirty days after becoming a member of the Connecticut Pastel Society, but within one of the months noted below, a member may submit five digital images, a recent resume, a fee of $25.00 and an SASE to the Signature Artist Committee for consideration. For an additional fee of $30.00 Signature members can have five images of their paintings on the CPS website.
2. A CPS member who wins three awards in the CT Pastel Society Renaissance in Pastel National Exhibition, which is an open, juried show, will receive Signature status. This requires a fee of $25.
• Applications for Signature Membership will be viewed three times a year: April, August and November. Submissions should be received in the months prior to review: March, July and October. Please do not send them except in these months.